Our parish is blessed with a large number of footpaths into the countryside. They are marvellous for walking and maintaining good health! Once on high ground you can see (weather permitting!) Southampton Docks, Fawley, The Solent and most of the northern outline of the Isle of Wight. The lengthsperson has now returned to work and residents should have already noticed the improvements in the condition of footpaths, the removal of overhanging branches and the recent fallen tree at the side of the A27. The lengths person’s brief is quite broad and can include clearing drains/grips etc. and even repairing walls and paving, but he must be instructed what to do. You can help by telling any parish councillor where the problem exists and our co-ordinator will pass it on. email@example.com
Hampshire Minerals & Waste Draft Update
Neither Dunwood Fruit farm or Romsey site were selected to be included into the next stages.
To add or update relevant news items to this section please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The next full meeting of the Parish Council will be at 7.30pm on Wednesday 24th April in the Village Hall. See the Parish Council page for more details and past meeting minutes.
The Neighbourhood Plan
The Neighbourhood Plan 'Draft for Reg 14' has been temporarily withdrawn while the Steering Group consider changes before re-posting. If you have any questions or suggestions they will be very welcome. Please contact email@example.com
Parish Council VACANCY FOR A COUNCILLOR
If you are interested please contact the Clerk: firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To attend Parish Council meetings every 6 weeks, on a Wednesday evening.
2. To prepare for meetings and be properly informed about the issues to be discussed.
3. To take part in meetings and form sound judgments based on what is best for the community and then abide by majority decisions.
4. To represent effectively the interests of and deal with Parishioners enquiries, representations and complaints.
5. To represent the Parish Council on outside bodies to which you are appointed.
6. To ensure, with other councillors, that the Parish Council is properly managed.
7. To fulfill the statutory and locally determined requirements of an elected or co-opted member of the Parish Council, including compliance with all relevant codes of conduct and maintaining high ethical standards, (including not disclosing confidential information and not using council resources for political purposes or for any other reason unless agreed by the Council)
8. To keep up to date with significant developments affecting the Parish Council at local, regional and national levels.
9. To represent the whole electorate; listen, and then represent the views of the whole community when discussing council business and working with outside bodies.
General Public Group
Residents only group
TVBC Councillor for Blackwater Ward: Wellow, Awbridge, Michelmersh & Timsbury, Sherfield English and Plaitford & Melchet Park
Member of Parliament for Romsey and Southampton North
Parish Council Info
The dates for all Parish Council meetings in 2023/24 are available on the Parish Council Page, along with agendas (available 3 working days prior to the meeting) and minutes.
Residents are welcome to attend Parish Council meetings at 7.30pm for Open Forum to raise any issues. You are also welcome to stay for the main business of the meeting, but only as an observer.