Welcome to our village website
Here you can find information about the village, local groups, events and services
Latest News - February 2021
Covid - Local Business and Amenity Information
* The village shop and Post Office at Hill Farm is open.
* Gilberts Garden Centre is open - Tuesday to Saturday. Open on Sundays from 1st March.
* The Hatchet Inn is offering a takeaway and delivery service.
* The playground is open. Please use with care and sanitise hands before and after use.
* St Leonard’s Church is holding a service each Sunday at 11am, and will hold a monthly Holy Communion Service on 4th Sunday, following the current government guidelines.
Neighbourhood Development Plan
Survey results can be downloaded from the Parish Council Page. Once adopted by TVBC, the council must follow the NDP in relation to any future developments in the parish.
With another lockdown upon us having the opportunity to get out into our local countryside has become even more important. There are issues within the village and we need to work together as a community to get them sorted as quickly as possible.
Stiles are no longer recommended and should be replaced if possible to allow better access for those with some kind of mobility impairment. Vegetation must be kept clear of paths and ways not obstructed.
We do all need to be clear on the lines of responsibility, duty and powers as many are not and that is part of the problem.
The County Council has the Duty to ensure that they are kept clear (not to actually do the work)
The Parish Copuncil has the power to ask for the work to be done and to get it done, if needed.
Users have responsibility to keep to footpaths and respect the environment but also the right to clear and go around obstructions, if needed.
To add or update relevant news items to this section please email email@example.com
Residents Only Group
Parish Council Page
The Hatchet Inn
Gilberts Garden Centre
Hill Farm Caravan Park
Cllr Nick Adams-King
TVBC Councillor for Blackwater Ward: Wellow, Awbridge, Michelmersh & Timsbury, Sherfield English and Plaitford & Melchet Park
Caroline Nokes MP
Member of Parliament for Romsey and Southampton North